Trying to get into the habit

I got sick a few weeks ago. So much so that I couldn't bear the thought of drinking hot coffee in the morning. A week later, my coffee habit was broken. Since then I've had a cup or two, but now I'm mostly drinking hot tea.

When my life was torn in two for the second time a few years ago, I couldn't blog. I couldn't keep writing. All that I had been writing was about being a wife and marriage and homemaking and it was very...bold. But at the time that I stopped blogging, my boldness was painful and nauseating. Like drinking strong coffee when you're sick.

 I got out of the habit of blogging in the same way I let go of the coffee routine. It was good, even though it was hard, for both coffee and blogging. Now I drink hot tea. It doesn't leave me with all the yucky side-effects, no cream is involved, and more antioxidants are involved.

 Now I blog less and more transparently. I'm not hung-up on talking points and the grace of God in Christ is my over-arching desired theme.

It's late. I can't write much but I want to begin getting back into the habit of sharing. I have been chastened. I have been afflicted. But I don't want to pout. Not writing is pouting for me. I want to humbly be a pointer His direction. I have no great talking points. By the grace of God, I am what I am. I get to use what He's given me for shining and magnifying HIM!

For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."- 1Cor.1:26-31

The food blog was a short-lived attempt.  The re-telling of the Bible to my boys blog is still a very strong desire and I don't plan on giving up on that one.  Currently working on a study on the 5 women mentioned in the genealogy of Christ in the Bible.  Totally fascinating!!!  I think the above verse may very well speak to the reason those women are mentioned.

Our first study was on Tamar.  The grace and mercy that saved me humbled Judah and redeemed Tamar.  The next study is on Rahab.  The prostitute in the wall.  These studies will be my focus for the next few months.  These women and I share a calling that none of us can boast in and a Lord we all point to.

Quieted,
Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

I've MOVED!